For Valentine's day my husband and I went to our favorite local pub to enjoy some beer on tap.
Once we were seated we could see one of the bartender/waitress ladies wearing a latex glove on her left hand.
We could see one finger was wrapped in bandages. It was kind of hard to miss, and not surprisingly the lady next to us at the bar asked "What did you do to your finger?" The bartender lady was more than eager to share, "I axed it off last night!"
We all gasped in horror, but she went on as if it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, "I was chopping wood and chopped right through my finger tip, clear through my nail."
"That's not real!" I exclaimed, but she assured me it was real and went on to say; "My boyfriend went out to look for the piece but he couldn't find it. So, I just cleaned it and wrapped it up." The lady next to us looked on in horror and asked;"Didn't you go to the hospital?"
"No, there aint nothin the doctors can do for me."
"Ok, stop, I believe you!" Said the lady, not wanting to hear more.
I had had my ear's full myself and after that my french fries didn't seem so appetizing.
This just goes to show, that it's true, you can find characters anywhere you go. These are the kind of things we can draw on as fiction writers.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
It's true you can find characters everywhere and anywhere
Labels:
bar,
character insperation,
grill,
lady chops her finger off,
pubs,
writing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment